5th Annual Crested Butte Gathering – In Dallas 2013
Attendees who are second homeowners and Crested Butte enthusiasts fro the DFW area, enjoy the opportunity to have Crested Butte come to Dallas. All enjoy the opportuntiy to meet and socialize with others who may be neighbors in the DFW area or in Crested Butte, and get an update on happenings in Crested Butte and an overview of the exciting new announcements
It’s a festive and informative complimentary evening of fun with great food & drink.
Chris Kopf was a second homeowner for 10 years before moving from Dallas to Crested Butte in 2009 with his wife Francene & 3 daughters. It is great to bring a bit of Crested Butte to Dallas – and each year the event features a speaker from Crested Butte who provides an update and overview. – This year attendees heard from Woody Sherwood – Executive Director of the Biery – Witt Performing Arts Center at Mt. Crested Butte. Woody provided an update and overview of the final stages of the capital campaign for Biery – Witt Performing Arts Center at Mt. Crested Butte. The capital campaign has been very successful thanks to the generous donations of many – including Donna & Paul Witt and Linda & Tom Biery. There is still a 3:1 matching campaign in place – every dollar makes a difference. This will be a fantastic facility, an economic driver in our community, and will have direct impact on property values. I hope you will join me and go to: http://mcbpac.org to donate today and help reach the goal so that final design and construction can begin! This is a great cause which will create lasting benefits to our community for years to come.
The Featured Speaker was Stephanie Niesman, Member Relations Coordinator and Marketing Manager for The Club at Crested Butte. In addition to a great amenities at the club in Skyland which includes a great clubhouse with food service, golf & tennis pro shop, tennis courts, pool, fitness facility with instructors & classes, and of course the great Robert Trent Jones II designed mountain golf course at The Club at Crested Butte and head golf pro Mike Swan. Stephanie Niesman presented an overview of some exciting new announcements from the club. The highlight was the information regarding the SlopeSide mountain club – an alpine club at the base of the Crested Butte Ski area with 120 lockers, parking, lounge & concierge service. Additional announcements included:
- New Legacy Membership amenity overview
- Fly Fishing for trophy trout in private lakes, and clinics for all
- A Calendar of Social Events, including Hiking and Recreational Excursions
Attendees were also provided with a copy of of Kopf’s Monthly Crested Butte Real Estate Market Report and Chris Kopf delivered a brief overview of the Crested Butte Real Estate Market. Kopf also noted some other positive announcements:
- Record setting results from Crested Butte and Mt. Crested Butte for Summer Sales Tax receipts
- High Expectations for Winter Ski Season as reported at the Crested Butte Mt. Crested Butte Chamber of Commerce – Winter Forecast Meeting
- Crested Butte awarded the 2nd Stage in the 2014 Pro Cycling Challenge – scheduled for a Finish August, 19, 2014
- Gunnison awarded the start of the 3rd Stage in the 2014 Pro Cycling Challenge – scheduled for August, 20, 2014
- Mayor of Crested Butte Aaron “Huck” Huckstep won re-election as Mayor, other candidates elected to the CB Town Council include: Jim (Deli) Schmidt and Roland Mason were re-elected. As well Chris Ladoulis who with his wife Kate owns restaurants Bacchanale (Crested Butte) and django’s Restaurant & Wine Bar (Mt. Crested Butte) was also elected to the Crested Butte Town Council.
A fun and informative event for all invitees who attend. One of many comments from the attendees: “Thank you for the event last night. Always fun to see Crested Butte people, and you do a good job coordinating, and acting as master of ceremonies…”
This Crested Butte Gathering – in Dallas is one way I build relationships and trust with the second homeowner community and is representative of what you can expect from me as your Crested Butte Real Estate Agent. If you are contemplating selling and interested in finding out what your existing property is worth, or if you are considering me to represent you as a Buyer, I would appreciate the opportunity to earn your business (or that of a friend you think I could help).
To see featured properties or search the MLS – visit chriskopf.com. Contact me at: (970) 209-5405, firstname.lastname@example.org, and be sure to check out the Crested Butte Real Estate G+ page for all things Crested Butte.
Author: Chris Kopf