Crested Butte has been the host to the longest running bike festival in the country. For over 25 years, the place celebrates Crested Butte Bike Week, formerly called as the Fat Tire Bike Week. It is the oldest mountain bike festival in the world. This is a family-friendly celebration that attracts hundreds of riders in different levels. This is where a rider can experience the birthplace of Mountain Biking and ride long miles of single track. On the other hand, the Wildflower Rush is a part of the Mountain States Cup or MSC, which is the biggest full-discipline race series in the entire United States. The Crested Butte Mountain Resort will be offering camping during the Wildflower Rush Weekend. Overnight camping for any type of vehicle will cost $25 per car or tent sit and $45 per RV. The rates already cover the entire weekend, including Friday night. Port-o-potties and dumpsters will be available.
What to Expect for Bike Week at Crested Butte
There are several events lined up for the celebration of Crested Butte Bike Week. Here are some of the highlights.
- The Chainless World Championship: From the top of the Kebler Pass to the downtown area of Crested Butte, a chainless race will be held. People often ask, why go to the event? Well, we throw that question back with a “why not?” It is the best chainless race in the world, and it definitely deserves the title of Chainless World Championships.
- The Chainless After Party: Can’t handle the 7 miles of chainless race from the top of Kebler Pass? Don’t worry, you can still celebrate with us by joining one of the best parties of the year through the Chainless After Party. There will be beers, bikes and prizes. What more can you ask for?
- Fat Tire 40: The Fat Tire 40 returns with the same awesome 40 mile course on the legendary single track at Crested Butte.
- Bridges of the Butte: This is a unique 24-hour bike tour that loops through the downtown area of Crested Butte, passing across the town’s bridges. You can sign op solo and ride for 24 hours, or you can also put together a team of your friends and tour the whole town, from sunrise to sunset. The proceeds for this particular event will go to the Adaptive Sports Center.
- The Block Party: This year’s CBBW Block Party will surely be amazing. There are so many things in store for the guests, from ariel dances, big wheel races, a beer garden, and the popular Slow Race. The Party starts at 9:00 in the morning.
- Bike Demos: Try some of the newest bikes and hottest gears in the industry, and do this for free. This also includes bikes from Specialized and Yeti.
- What: Crested Butte Bike Week & Wildflower Rush
- Where: Crested Butte, CO
- When: June 26 to 30, 2013
- Official Website: http://cbbikeweek.com/
┊C┊H┊R┊I┊S┊•┊K┊O┊P┊F┊With so much to do in Crested Butte, CO you will not know where to start. Enjoy the outdoors with hiking, biking, golf, fishing, rafting and much more!! Crested Butte Real Estate Market offers a wide variety of properties including ski in/ski out single family homes, ski-in/ski-out condominiums, lake and river frontage properties, golf course property, and true luxury mountain homes on acreage. To see featured properties or search the MLS – visit chriskopf.com. Contact Crested Butte Real Estate Agent, Chris Kopf at: (970) 209-5405, or email@example.com