Every Sunday, starting June 9 to October 13, 2013, people can visit and shop at the Crested Butte Farmers Market. The market will stand at 2nd and Elk Avenue, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. This is one of my families favorites – we typically go to the farmers market after church to buy fruit, get some food and socialize. The locals and visitors of Crested Butte can find all kinds of produce, from artisan cheese and baked goods, fresh meats and fishes, organic fruits and vegetables, and more.
The Crested Butte Farmers Market is dedicated to promoting sustainable agriculture, as well as farm-to-consumer sale. As of the moment, the market is already full for the 2013 season.
- What: Crested Butte Farmers Market
- Where: 2nd and Elk Avenue, Crested Butte, Co
- When: Every Sunday, from June 9 to October 13, 2013 10 am to 2 pm
What is a Farmers Market?
A farmers market is a physical retail market that features foods sold directly by farmers to the consumers. The market is usually consisting of booths, tables, stands, done indoors or outdoors. This surely adds value to communities. Farmers market exists worldwide, and this somehow reflects the local culture and the economy of a particular place. The size differs from one city to another. It ranges from a few stalls to several city blocks.
Farmers Market Tip
Shopping at a farmers market can be the easiest and cheapest way to get different kinds of produce. With so many stalls and goods to choose from, sometimes, a shopper gets overwhelmed. Most often, people come home with bags of produce left uneaten, while others just tour on stalls and go home with some carrots. Planning your weekly shopping at a farmers market can make the experience more productive and fun. So, here are some tips you can follow.
- Know your seasons: If you know what to expect during a farmers market, making a decision at what to buy will be easier. It is best to know what grows in your area. It might be helpful too to talk to the growers who will come to the market.
- Go early or Go late: Markets tend to be less crowded early in the morning, when they have just opened up, or just before they close. But in order to get the best selection, go to the farmers market early. The best goods usually go first. Popular and limited items may sell out faster. It is actually that simple. But if you’re interested in getting the best deals, go to the farmers market late. Sellers give discounts upon they close.
- Bring Big Bags: Whenever you feel like shopping at the farmers market. It is best to bring big bags. Although some farmers offer bags, these tend to be thin and flimsy. Make sure that everything you bought goes home with you by putting them all on your own bag. It is advisable to bring a backpack too, which can make hauling easier, particularly for heavy and bulky items. Or perhaps a nice basket will do the trick.
Crested Butte and the Crested Butte CO Real Estate market offers a wide variety of properties including ski in/ski out single family homes, ski-in/ski-out condominiums, lake and river frontage properties, golf course property, and true luxury mountain homes on acreage. To see Crested Butte Homes or search the MLS – visit ChrisKopf.com. Contact me at: (970) 209-5405, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Author: Chris Kopf