Reserve on The East River Crested Butte
Reserve on The East River Crested Butte is a unique and special place offering world-class fly-fishing, over 1,500+ acres of ranch land and wilderness. There is also private access to the adjacent Red Mountain and thousands of acres of pristine National Forest.
A Unique Crested Butte Ranch and Ownership Opportunity
One of the comments from existing owners at The Reserve on The East River Crested Butte is how different it is from other developments. You will find both waterfront and mountain homesites available for sale.
Call for details and to coordinate a private tour of the ranch, in addition to the homesites.
There ranch is alive with wildlife and beauty. The crown jewel is the two miles of private fly-fishing on the East River. Owners also enjoy pristine trout ponds, a natural stream, hiking trails, wildflowers, and an abundance of wildlife.
“Wake up each morning in your own private Yellowstone National Park”, says Bob Kray.
Your family, friends and clients will enjoy fishing, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, and relaxing in this mountain paradise. There is also unique access to National Forest Land due to the proximity above the ranch. This provides for additional adventures of hiking, camping and hunting.
The Finest Crested Butte Private Fly Fishing Ownership Opportunity
Located only 8 miles or just 10 minutes (on flat, well maintained paved road) South of Crested Butte. The Reserve is uniquely located and therefore has close access to the historic town and ski area of Crested Butte. Therefore the owners at the Reserve enjoy the benefit and opportunity for many adventures, thus they are able to create family memories for generations.
No other development can offer both the access on the East river, the beautiful riverfront lodge and guesthouse (where as owners, you and your guests can stay) and still be so close to Crested Butte.
The Reserve on The East River Crested Butte Private Fly Fishing
If you are a fly fisherman seeking trophy rainbows and browns, this section of the East River is as good as it gets. The professionally enhanced section of the East River that flows through the Reserve on the East River is designed with you in mind.
A discerning eye will see the thought that went into deep pools that hold large fish. Furthermore, there is easy shallow access for the angler wading to awaiting rising trout.
Unlike the swift current in the Taylor and the Gunnison Rivers, this section of the East River provides fly fishermen with trophy fish. Enjoy gentle flows that make walk wading a pleasant experience.
Full Time Ranch Management of The Reserve on The East River Crested Butte
Owners enjoy full-time ranch management, John & Connie Mahoney are the new stewards of this beautiful ranch. Ranch management offer owners and their guests concierge-type services including the reservations for the Lodge and Guesthouse.
The Lodge Complex at Reserve on the East River
The Lodge offers a common area including a full kitchen, boardroom, living area, expansive riverside deck and patio area. As well as the owners private fly fishing lockers.
The Lodge is a great place to relax and share stories about the adventures of the day. The Lodge also offers three well appointed suites upstairs that are available for owners personal use or for owner’s guests.
An Owner’s Guesthouse is only steps away from the Lodge. Consequently, it is available for owners or their guests to have a private place to stay on the ranch. The Guesthouse also has three suites, and includes your private use of the living area, kitchen, and riverfront deck.
Both The Lodge and Gueshouse are located riverside along the East river, as well as two large ponds that are stocked with trophy trout.
There is an 8 mile nature trail that includes approximately 3 miles of trails near the river. The nature trail starts and ends at the Lodge Complex. There is also a fire pit adjacent to the Lodge for family and friends to roast marshmallows and share stories.
The Reserve on the East River Equestrian Facility
Horse enthusiasts will love the Equestrian Facility offers owners the option to board their horses worry-free. Another service provided by the ranch manager is the pristine stable, paddock and cleaning station. There is a lounge area as well as another fire pit. In addition this provides owners another option to gather and enjoy recanting the adventures from the day.
Reserve on the East River – Ranch Property Details
Property Description: The Reserve on the East River is a 1,520 acre shared ranch with 643 acres in a conservation easement. There are a total of 24 Homesites in The Reserve on the East River.
18 of these homesites are located on the mountain and the 6 waterfront homesites are located within steps of the East River. All the homesites are within the 1,525 acre shared ranch adjacent to unique access to pristine National Forest.
All of the homesites have graded, level driveways, electric, and phone in place (higher elevation mountain homesites have wells drilled and tested).
As part of the development design criteria you will not see another home on The Reserve from any other homesite. Extensive care has been taken to the location of the homesites and ensure there are buffers with spacing, aspen groves, and berms to ensure privacy, seclusion.
The Reserve on the East River Homesite Options
Elevated mountain homesites are tucked in the aspen grove overlooking private wildflower meadows provide stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
Waterfront homesites include a private pond with cascading waterfall. Each pond is seventeen feet deep and alive with large rising trout providing easy access for young and old to share lifelong memories.
Owners of the waterfront homesites are permitted to redirect the gravity fed water that flows between each pond through their homesite and create additional water features including the sound of rushing water.
There have been 19 homesite sales in The Reserve – and the common thread for all owners is their love of nature.
Wildlife is abundant, and it is not uncommon to see bald eagles, black bear, and large mule deer, and an elk herd that frequents the serenity of the ranch.
The Reserve on The East River Crested Butte Location: Nestled below Red Mountain and in the East River basin The Reserve on the East River is a part of Crested Butte. Approximately 8 miles or just 10 minutes (on flat, well maintained road) from historic downtown Crested Butte, 20 miles from Gunnison and the Gunnison Airport (GUC).
The Reserve on The East River Crested Butte Amenities:
- The Lodge with large dining area, sitting areas, kitchen, patios and decks overlooking the the East River. This is a gathering area for relaxing at the end of the day or between activities with family, friends and clients.
- Three Suites nicely appointed in the Lodge to be used by homestead owners and guests
- Locker facilities in Main Lodge for fishing gear storage
- The Guesthouse with dining area, sitting areas, kitchen, patios and decks overlooking the the East River.
- Three Suites nicely appointed in the Lodge to be used by homestead owners and guests
- Two miles of the East river flows through the ranch offering world-class private fly fishing
- Approximately one mile of a natural stream holding large trout
- Fishing rights on an additional two miles of the East River upstream (North) of The Reserve
- Two large ponds which provides additional opportunities for sharing fishing memories
- Equestrian Facility with quality Stables and Corral for boarding the ranch horses, or your horses
- Eight Miles of Trails and with bridges over the river and stream for hiking or mountain biking
- 1,520 Acre Ranch with 643 Acre Conservation Easement
- Adjacent to over 2 Million acres of Gunnison National Forest for hiking, horseback riding, hunting, camping and exploring for a life-time
Developer: Pinto Development, LLC
Other Nearby Crested Butte Amenities:
- Historic Town of Crested Butte offering exceptional year-round dining, shopping, performing arts, festivals, races and other events.
- Crested Butte Ski Area (Crested Butte Mountain Resort – CBMR)
- The Club at Crested Butte and the 18 hole Robert Trent Jones III golf course
- Town of Almont offering Lodging, Dining, Rafting and other Recreational options on the Taylor River
- Town of Gunnison, home of Western State University, Gunnison Valley Hospital, Dos Rios Golf Course, the Gunnison Regional Airport with daily flights to/from Denver and seasonal direct flights via Dallas, Houston
Additional detailed information available at: The Reserve on the East River Info
For more information on The Reserve on The East River Crested Butte contact:
Chris Kopf, Global Luxury Property Specialist
Coldwell Banker Bighorn Realty
Phone: (970) 209-5405 email: email@example.com
305 Sixth Street, PO Box 100 Crested Butte, CO, 81224
Click here to do an advanced search the Crested Butte MLS for properties for sale in the Crested Butte area.
The Reserve on The East River Crested Butte