The best thing that a son or daughter can do this Mother’s Day is to give handmade gifts this year. So, better join the Mother’s Day Paint your Own Pottery Event. The event will be at the Art Studio on Elk. First thing you need to do is to choose a piece, or pick the kind of pottery you would like to paint. Glaze it, and then the organizers will be the one to fire it on the onsite kiln. There is a wide selection of pottery that you can give as gifts to your moms, including mugs, bowls, plates, specialty items, and other things that you can think of.
The Center for the Arts Crested Butte is a popular venue for different signature events in town. It comes with a variety of beautiful indoor and outdoor attractions. Both the young and old come here all the time, all-year round to enjoy live music, dance, as well as theater performances. Arts exhibits are featured here from time to time as well. For more two decades, the Center for the Arts has been committed to provide arts and cultural experiences for the people of Crested Butte and its visitors.
The Center for the Arts hosts special events throughout the year. This is a favorite venue because of its many facilities including an outdoor stage, expansive indoor auditorium, an in-house gallery for both local and regional exhibitions, and more. The popular events that are held here are the Alpenglow, Tour de Forks and Winter Season, etc.
History of the Center for the Arts Crested Butte
By the year 1985, a group of passionate residents started to raise money to build a community arts center. Two short years later, they raised up to about $425,000, thus the old country road maintenance garage was renovated into today’s 6,000 square feet Center for the Arts facility. It houses 215 seats, with a stage, lobby and art gallery. There are two dressing rooms as well. The said place was incorporated as a Colorado Non-Profit organization by December of 1986. By the following year, it was granted with an IRD non-profit status.
- What: Mother’s Day Paint Your Own Pottery Event
- Where: ASCA, 111 Elk Avenue
- When: April 27, 2013 from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm
- Cost: $4 to $45, depending on the kind of pottery you would like to paint
- Contact No.: 970-349-7044
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Parking: The Center for the Arts comes with a small parking lot located in front of the building with two handicapped designated parking space. Additional parking spaces are available on the empty lot across the street, south side of the CB True Value, along the rock wall in the CB True Value parking lot, another lot of on the north, and last but not the least, along the 7th Street behind the center