Mt. Crested Butte Home Remodel Makeover: 14 Ruby Drive Mt. Crested Butte, CO — Then & Now
14 Ruby Drive in Mt. Crested Butte Colorado was built in 1993, and when the current owners purchased this property in 1995 most of the homes in Mt. Crested Butte were stained cedar at the time. The original interior finish-out included white ceramic tile, carpet covered the 2nd level (except the kitchen floor), light pine cabinetry with white formica counter tops in baths and kitchen, and a pine railing up the staircase.
The current owners lived with it that way for about 10 years not knowing how much they would love Crested Butte. The first remodel was in 2005 with their then property manager, Bill Mogg. They remodeled the kitchen cabinets and replaced all of the appliances, all the bath cabinets and put the slate flooring in the kitchen and entry level. The fireplace was refaced with slate and a new mantle added. They also expanded the lower deck.
- In 2008 they replaced all the carpet on the second level with Australian Cypress hardwood floors (installed by West Elk Wood Floors).
- In 2009 the pine railing was replaced with a new log and iron stair railing (installed by Bruce Hoffman).
- In 2011 local Crested Butte builder Roger Cesario re-finished the exterior of the house. The stone was installed around the entire home and the stained cedar siding was refinished and repainted the color it is now. The trim was also painted, and the garage doors replaced. Extensive landscaping and an irrigation system including flower beds with native Colorado wildflowers have been added as well. The stone walkway with snow-melt is also a very nice addition.
- In 2012 Roger Cesario also re-faced the large beams in the upstairs living area.
After living in this home for nearly 19 years – the current homeowner is building a new home here in Crested Butte. Interesting note, they are so satisfied with the floor plan and lay-out that they asked Crested Butte Architect Dan Murphy to duplicate this home – only slightly enlarging this very same floor plan. This is the house they are building now in Skyland. “We love this floor plan – there is no wasted space and the house lives large”.
See HD Video Tour of 14 Ruby Drive, Mt. Crested Butte, Colorado
14 Ruby Drive is located in Mt. Crested Butte Colorado just above Anthracite Drive in Mt. Crested Butte and about from the base area. This home offers spectacular views of the surrounding mountain peaks.
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms: 5 Bedrooms, 4 Full baths, Oversized 2 Car Garage
- Total Finished Sq Ft: 2,877
- Lot size: .477 Acres
- Year Built: 1993
- Offered at: $985,000
See full listing with 30+ photos
For more information on this Coldwell Banker Previews® Property or the Crested Butte Real Estate Market contact: Chris Kopf, Previews® Property Specialist, Coldwell Banker Bighorn Realty, Phone: (970) 209-5405, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Kopf Coldwell Banker Bighorn Realty 305 Sixth Street, PO Box 100 Crested Butte, CO, 81224
Author: Chris Kopf