Colorado’s biggest aspen grove turning brilliant shades of color, Indian summer temperatures and a wide range of events and outdoor recreation combine to make “September Splendor in the Rockies” a month not to miss in Gunnison-Crested Butte, Colorado. September is the perfect time for people who love the sights, smells, sounds and feel of fall.
Some highlights include:
- Fall Festival of Beers & Chili Cook-off
- Vinotok fall harvest festival
- Running and biking events
- Art walks
- Farmers’ markets
- Stargazing at the Gunnison Valley Observatory
- The new Crested Butte Film Festival and more
For more information about each event, visit http://www.septembersplendor.com/ or call (877) 351-8724.
Fall Vacation Deals
- Save on lodging and rafting when staying two nights or more at Three Rivers Resort in Almont from Aug. 15 – Sept. 30. For only $100 per person, receive two nights’ lodging in a lodge room or small, one-room cabin and one Upper Taylor whitewater raft trip each. Price is based on two-person occupancy and does not include lodging taxes. This offer is not valid with any other offers or existing reservations and can be booked by calling (888) 761-3474. Other lodging options and custom packages can be arranged. Visit http://www.3riversresort.com/.
- Enjoy all of the benefits of Harmel’s Ranch Resort near Almont, Colorado, and stay in one of the Hitchn’ Post Lodge’s eight motel-style rooms, each with one queen bed and one double bed from only $110 per night for up to four people per room. This late-season Hitchn’ Post Package is available Aug. 16 – Sept. 17. The package includes a hearty breakfast buffet, private fishing permit, stocked rainbow trout pond, and numerous other amenities. Horseback riding, guided fly-fishing, whitewater rafting, rock climbing, ziplining and massages can be added for an extra cost. Offer is based on availability and does not include tax/service fee. Book by calling (800) 235-3402, and also visit http://www.harmels.com/.
- In September and October, purchase three nights of lodging and get one free through Peak Property Management & Sales in Crested Butte. Call (888) 909-7325 for rates and property availability and visit http://www.peakcb.com/. From now until Sept. 30, enjoy a two-night stay at Gunnison’s Western Motel in a single queen room for only $130 or a double queen for $150. Offer includes continental breakfast and is subject to tax & availability. Call (888) 641-1722 and reference the Tourism Association website deal. Visit http://www.westernmotel-co.com/.
Ideas for great fall drives are posted on www.GunnisonCrestedButte.com/fall-drives.