SOLD: Kopf Closes 5 Crested Butte Homes in May
Chris Kopf of Coldwell Banker Bighorn Realty is pleased to announce the successful sale of 5 homes in the Month of May totaling over $4.15M in transaction volume. Kopf represented 3 Sellers and 3 Buyers and managed many details to help his clients successfully close.
The devil is in the details… Every property and ever transaction is different and there are always unique issues to deal with and help make the transaction as smooth as possible for my client – whether a Buyer or Seller. My #1 Goal is customer satisfaction – this is a small town and a word-of-mouth business and clients recommendations, Google+ Reviews and referrals are key to my continued success. Below are some of the things that helped my clients achieve their goals with these 6 transactions – and what I do when working with clients to help ensure a successful experience.
5 Important Aspects when Working with Buyers and Sellers
1. Listen – it is very important to understand the clients needs and wants. Most of my clients are successful and affluent and have years of business experience. Buying or Selling a Home in Crested Butte is usually a significant financial decision – so listening to the What, When, Why, Where and How are critical to a successful client-agent relationship.
2. Ask Questions – in addition to clearly understanding a clients goals for Buying or Selling it is important to understand how timing, business, family, and the other aspects of their lives impacts their decisions. Communication is key to a successful relationship – many clients are very busy and prefer updates via a quick text or email vs. a phone call or voicemail. It is important to establish how a client prefers to communicate.
3. Do the Research – I create a detailed Crested Butte Real Estate Market Report every month – I also provide detailed analysis for every client that is specific to the property they are buying or selling. There are many moving parts in a Residential Real Estate Transaction – it is not enough to ask the other agent for information. I find that going to the Town or County Records, Contacting the architect, builder or property manager will allow me and my clients to have a better representing critical issues with a home.
4. Leverage Resources – As a Coldwell Banker Previews® Property Specialist who has earned multiple awards from Coldwell Banker – I have the experience to help clients through unique situations. I have also been a second-homeowner here in Crested Butte and have bought and sold numerous properties here. I have a stable of Crested Butte resources who can provide Legal, Tax, Engineering, Architectural, Construction, Mechanical and Property Management advice which allows my client to make informed decisions. When Listing luxury home, I employ professional photographers to shoot HD Video Tours and high quality photographs. When working with a Buyer – it is not unusual for me to preview a home and shoot video for a client who is remote and may want more information on a new listing prior to their arrival in CB.
5. Be Proactive and Get things Done – Identifying and anticipating problems is key to a successful and smooth transaction. Contingency dates in a Real Estate Contract lay-out the timeline of the transaction. It is important for me to be in close communication with clients regarding this timeline and to help coordinate with Inspectors, Surveyors, Title Companies, Lenders, etc. When working with Sellers it is important to have disclosure documents on file, surveys, utilities, and additional details about the property. When working with Buyers – I try to be proactive in obtaining these Due Diligence documents and getting local resources involved to help a client understand all aspects of the property they are buying…
Overview of the Crested Butte area Homes Sold
732 Sopris Avenue, Crested Butte – This log home was once one of the only homes East of 6th Street in downtown Crested Butte. It was built in 1974 and sits on the corner of Sopris Avenue and 8th Street. There are commanding views of Mt. Crested Butte and the surrounding mountains from the home and the large 2nd floor deck. This home is configured currently with a one bedroom apartment downstairs with a bathroom, and the remainder of the home has two more bedrooms and another bath. The property has mature aspen trees, and additional Floor Area Ratio (FAR) to allow for another structure on the property – which could be an accessory structure on the property which may be a garage and or garage with living space above. I represented the Buyer, Sales Price: $700,00.
14 Ruby Drive, Mt. Crested Butte – Spectacular unobstructed views, and a spacious layout to accommodate family and friends. One step into this home and you will notice the quality design, materials and craftsmanship of this recently remodeled home (inside & out). Cozy up to the wood burning fireplace after a great day of skiing. A short walk up to the Homeowners Run to ski down to the Gold Link lift, and skiing back to the corner of Anthracite & Ruby is an option. The main living area boasts a large warm open floor plan with kitchen, dining and great room space with vaulted ceilings, and log and timber accents throughout. Beautifully landscaped with accents of wildflowers throughout the Summer months. Located in a great neighborhood on a quiet Cul-de-sac street – this home with five bedrooms and four full baths. I worked with both the Seller and Buyer on this transaction to arrive at a successful win-win. Sales Price: $925,00.
Villas Townhome 147 Snowmass Mt. Crested Butte – One step inside this townhome at the end of Snowmass Road and you will see and feel the difference. Notice the unobstructed views of Mt. Crested Butte, Whetstone, Emmons and beyond. Fully furnished, high-end finish-out and many extras including: 2 parking spaces and easy access to the garage, whole-house audio, beautiful hardwoods, granite surfaces in kitchen and baths, quality cabinetry and much more. This Villas townhome has almost 2,500 Square feet of living area with 4 bedrooms, and 3.5 baths and includes a Master bedroom upstairs and another Master suite downstairs. The Villas townhomes are located near the base area and just a short walk to the ski slopes and summertime bike/hiking trails. I represented the Seller, Sales Price: $706,800.
914 Gothic Road, Mt. Crested Butte – One step into this charming mountain home and you will appreciate the thought and craftsmanship that went into designing and building this home with 100 year-old large Blue Spruce logs harvested from the Kebler Pass area of Crested Butte. The living area with vaulted ceiling and gas fireplace stove provides that warm feeling of home. The kitchen includes recent upgrades in finishes and high-end appliances. The views to the west, north and east are outstanding, particularly from the decks. Only 1/2 mile from the base area of the Crested Butte Ski Resort and conveniently located near the Mt. CB tennis courts, and the free Mountain Express shuttle bus. I represented the Seller, Sales Price: $650,000.
EaglesNets Town Home #13, Mt. Crested Butte –This 3 Bedroom 2.5 bath Town home also included a spacious garage, additional owners closet, and a washer and dryer. There are commanding views of Mt. Crested Butte from the two separate balconies. There is also a nice hot tub to relax in after a adventurous day in the mountains just steps away from this townhome. The Eagles Nest complex has recently received a complete face lift and renovation. Eagles Nest townhomes have a new roof, new windows, new siding with rock surrounding the garages – and also new garage doors. I represented the Buyer, Sales Price: $245,00.
How can I help you? The Crested Butte area offers a wide variety of properties including ski in/ski out single family homes, ski-in/ski-out condominiums, lake and river frontage properties, golf course property, and true fine mountain homes on acreage. To see featured properties or search the MLS – visit chriskopf.com.
If you considering Selling your Crested Butte home and are interested in finding out what your existing property is worth – call me.
How is the Crested Butte Real Estate Market doing? Click this link to see my monthly Crested Butte Real Estate Market Reports
I appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and be your Crested Butte Real Estate Agent. Contact me at: (970) 209-5405, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Previews® Property Specialist
Coldwell Banker Bighorn Realty
Author: Chris Kopf