Visitors Welcomed Back Crested Butte May 27th
Visitors Welcomed Back Crested Butte May 27th – I hope you and your family are safe and healthy.
Great News: Visitors Welcomed Back Crested Butte May 27th. The Ninth Amended Health Order was signed today and among many other items – it eases restrictions on visitors, self-quarantines, and businesses. See key points below – link to read the full health order, as well as some COVID Humor below.
Key Points of the Order – Effective May 15:
- Lodging Opening – Effective May 15th lodging in the Gunnison County / Crested Butte area is open on a limited basis only to residents and part-time homeowners with a 25% occupancy restriction. On May 27th Lodging Open to Visitors.
- Restaurants / bars – Not Open yet -until State of Colorado Health Order updated and/or until Gunnison County receives a variance.
- Churches – Allowed Open for up to 25 persons.
- Hair Nail Salons – already open (and busy!) .
- Spas / Gyms / Massage…etc. – Allowed Open – (10 persons or less).
- Fly Fishing Guides and other – Allowed Open to residents and non-resident homeowners (not visitors from outside the County until May 27th)
- Non-Resident Homeowners – No more 7-Day self-isolation requirement upon arrival, and no anonymous written statement of arrival necessary.
- “At-Risk Persons” has changed from persons who are 60 years old to persons who are 65 years old, consistent with recent guidance issued by the State and the CDC, and they are not restricted, but urged to use caution. (required to avoid a place deemed “outbreak”).
- May 27th – Many restrictions lifted and align with State of Colorado Health Order – Visitors Welcome.
We got snow yesterday – but sunny and warm today… I got the opportunity to get out and do some fly fishing on the Taylor River, see photo of beautiful cutthroat trout below.
Summer is coming – Visitors will come who recognize Crested Butte is a special place to be with family. Some people have told me they may not come to CB this summer – then I ask: “well then where are you going to go instead…?”
Visiting anywhere is going to be “different” this summer. Visitors will come to Crested Butte because they can get out and enjoy the beauty of our hundreds of miles of trails, rivers, streams, waterfalls, lakes, reservoirs, mountain summits, and golf courses.
When we lived in Texas we could not wait to get out of the heat, and I suspect that people want out of their homes and lock-down more than ever, and can’t wait for the cool mountain air, the beautiful wildflowers… I hope to see you soon!
Stay healthy, and stay safe!
How Can I Help?
Stay safe out there. Contact me to help you if you have questions.
If you want to chat about the real estate market here in Crested Butte – give me a call… (970) 209-5405
I have been in your shoes – as both a Second Home Buyer and Seller here in Crested Butte.
The Crested Butte area offers a wide variety of properties including ski in/ski out single family homes, ski-in/ski-out condominiums, lake and river frontage properties, golf course property, quality homes in Downtown Crested Butte, and true fine mountain homes on acreage.
To see Crested Butte Homes For Sale or search the MLS – visit ChrisKopf.com.
The Crested Butte Real Estate Market is very active. Click this link to see my monthly Crested Butte Real Estate Market Reports.
I have consistently been a Top Real Estate Agent in Crested Butte, and I appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and be your Crested Butte Real Estate Agent.
Please Contact me at:
Global Luxury Property Specialist
Coldwell Banker Mountain Properties