What To Do in Crested Butte
We certainly have had some unusual weather in the Crested Butte area this year. Lots of snow in the winter was great for skiing, but this year in the month of May winter was still here and we got a ton of snow. So what can you do in Crested Butte when the water levels are high in the rivers and streams, and there is still lots of snow and many of the trails and spots to see the wildflowers are closed? Well, don’t worry! There’s still plenty to do around Crested Butte, so let me give you a couple of tips.
- Rafting on the Upper Taylor should be great as we have a ton of water. Getting more information on rafting at Three Rivers Resort here https://www.3riversresort.com/rafting/
- Mountain biking around Crested Butte. Check out trails and get the App here: https://mtbhome.com/
- Check out Long Lake, Oh Be Joyful Waterfall, the town of Gothic and then hike Judd Falls. You can do a longer hike if you continue to Copper Lake but there might still be too much snow to get there.
- The Club at Crested Butte golf course is in great condition and if you have never played the championship golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones II then you are in for a treat!
- Get to the top of Crested Butte by taking the Silver Queen lift up and hiking the rest of the way to the top of the mountain. Supercool and fantastic views.
- Every Monday eve in the summer there is Alpenglow. A free concert at the field by the Center for the Arts. They serve wine and beer and food but you can bring picnic food. You can’t bring in alcohol.
- Every Wednesday eve until August 14 there is also a free concert on the mountain by the Red Lady Lift.
- The Crested Butte Rotary Rubber Duckie Race is Sunday during the Artsfest Weekend – and we sell the tickets throughout the Summer. You can get your Rotary Rubber Duckie Tickets Saturday by the Post office, Sunday Farmers Market (100 block of Elk Ave) and after the famous 4th of July Parade. (Yes that will be me leading the parade in an Uncle Sam suit with my buddy Frank). There is an 8 mile run from Gothic to downtown CB on the morning of the 4th as well…
Food and Drink
- Dogwood for specialty well drinks
- Camp 4 Coffee for… well, coffee
- Princess Wine bar usually has someone sitting on a barstools singing ballads (my favorite)
- Wooden Nickel, get the smoked trout appetizer
- Elk Ave Prime, upscale steakhouse
- Gourmet Noodle, great Italian
- Secret Stash, get there early and get the Texas Biggun with Salt & Pepper Crust, and the FIG pizza (sounds bad, tastes good)
- I love Paradise Cafe, McGills and Izzies for breakfast.
- Teocalli Tamale for tacos, burritos and tamales!
- Pitas in Paradise is a local sports bar and good food atmosphere
How can I help you with Your Crested Butte Real Estate Needs?
The Crested Butte area offers a wide variety of properties including ski in/ski out single family homes, ski-in/ski-out condominiums, lake and river frontage properties, historic downtown homes, golf course property, and true fine mountain homes on acreage. To see featured properties or search the MLS – visit www.ChrisKopf.com.
If you considering Selling your Crested Butte home and are interested in finding out what your existing property is worth – call me.
How is the Crested Butte Real Estate Market doing? Click this link to see my monthly Crested Butte Real Estate Market Reports I appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and be your Crested Butte Real Estate Agent.
Broker / Owner
Global Luxury Property Specialist
Coldwell Banker Mountain Properties
mobile phone: (970) 209-5405