Christmas Activities in Crested Butte
There is an endless list of activities and events to enjoy during the holiday season. Below are some excellent ideas including businesses that have special offers and fun events that you may want to attend.
- Get Your Christmas Tree — Help thin out the aspen groves of invading pines, and cut down a Christmas Tree. Get a permit from the Forest Service by visiting the Crested Butte / Mt. Crested Butte Chamber of Commerce at the 4-Way (Elk Avenue & Sixth Street) for a permit or you can stop by the Forest Service Office in Gunnison.
- Enjoy a Live Performance – Have a laugh this holiday season with A Tuna Christmas at the Mallardi Cabaret Theatre. Click here for dates and tickets.
- Take in Some Art – Nationally recognized ice sculptors will be displaying their creations around the Crested Butte Mountain Resort Rock on Ice exhibit.
- Feast with Friends at the Pre-Christmas Yurt Dinner on Dec. 23rd at the Crested Butte Nordic Centers Magic Meadows Yurt.
- Rent ice skates at the Nordic Center and go skating at the ice rink in downtown Crested Butte.
- Sled in town by the Nordic Center, or find an open hillside and have some family fun!
- Snowshoe up Gothic Mountain – The Mountain Express Bus provides service to the Gothic trailhead via the condo bus.
- Rent some Alpine Touring gear and skin-up the mountain early in the morning before the lifts open or after 4:30pm – see Alpineer or CBMR rental shops for more information.
- Have lunch at Uley’s Cabin – This is a nice way to take a break from alpine skiing and enjoy some fine dining on the mountain. A reservation is suggested.
- Go Nordic skiing – The Nordic Center will rent skis and provide a trail map and lessons for your whole family.
- Take a Historic Walking Tour – Call the Historical Museum in downtown Crested Butte and schedule a Historic Walking Tour for your group.
- Treat yourself to a hot beverage – Stop in at Camp 4 Coffee in town or on the Mountain in Mountaineer Square and warm up with a special holiday coffee drink.
- Watch the Lights Go By at the Christmas Eve Torchlight Parade – The Crested Butte Mountain Resort sponsors this parade of skiers and boarders winding down the slopes with lights.
- Paint Your Own Pottery at the Art Studio of the Center of the Arts downtown. Choose from a wide selection of holiday pottery and more.