Wilder on the Taylor 2 More Homesites Under Contract
Chris Kopf Previews® Property Specialist with Coldwell Banker Bighorn Realty and Developer Jackson Shaw are happy to Announce 2 additional Homesites are Under Contract at Wilder on the Taylor. The fifth contract completes the Founders Program and sets in motion plans for a price adjustment for the remaining exclusive riverfront homesites overlooking the Taylor River.
Full Announcement from Developer Jackson Shaw:
Wilder on the Taylor, the exclusive and recreationally oriented second home development along the gold medal Taylor River, has closed the Founder’s Offering with the fifth homestead contract. Reflecting the national turn in the economy and the increased market demand for private waters and sustainable communities of preservation and conservation minded families for natural resources, our 2,100 +/- acre heritage ranch will release the next five homesteads starting in the spring of 2014.
Often mentioned and discussed, the offering of properties with abundant water that feature spectacular natural environments for fishing, hunting, hiking and horse riding traditions are as extraordinarily rare as they tend to be beautiful. Wilder on the Taylor is no exception. Wilder on the Taylor is simply unchallenged as a truly unique offering for families to own and enjoy for generations.
As the developer and ownership, along with the community of homeowners at Wilder, plan for additional prospective owners in 2014, a new pricing and marketing program is being initiated. Reflecting the original philosophy and vision of Wilder on the Taylor to perpetuate the heritage of the ranch and continue the responsibility for long term historical preservation, the designation and location of five new homesteads will continue to reflect the criteria of low visual impact with low utilization and limited ecological disruption.
Every effort will be made by the Wilder homeowners association to incorporate the ideal balance between establishing and keeping long term value and the permitting exclusive but limited use of the land. This mandate will help continue and inspire adherence to the tenets of stewardship and traditions of the outdoor life of the American west.
Starting this spring, our next five homesteads to be released will include a price adjustment to align the value of this exceptional opportunity with the rare and exclusive nature of this offering to share Wilder on the Taylor.
Ron R. Welborn
Wilder on the Taylor is a Special Place – I have had the opportunity to fish varied waters in the Crested Butte area and around the state of Colorado – and there is not a finer 2 miles of river holding trophy trout than what you find on this 2,100+/- acre ranch. Wilder on the Taylor offers the rare opportunity to build your dream home here on the banks of the Taylor River and begin to create memories with family, friends and clients. In addition to exceptional private water fly fishing on 2 miles of the Taylor River and 3 miles of the stream that runs through the property – all the recreational activities of Summer and Winter are available to the homeowner.
Additional Videos available:
Overview of the Wilder on the Taylor
Winter Recreational Activities at Wilder on the Taylor
Homeowner Mike West Discusses Building Dream Home At Wilder on the Taylor
Homeowner Mike West – Wilder is a Special Place
Sunlit Architects Discuss Opportunity to Design Build a Riverfront Home
Master Fly Fishing Guide Lu Warner Talk about Trophy Trout at Wilder on the Taylor
Wilder Ranch Manager Don Sobrowski talks about Wildlife, Hunting, and Horse Back Riding
Property Description: Riverfront Homestead sites currently for sale – these homesites sit on the banks of the Taylor River and ownership includes a shared interest in the 2,100+/- acre working ranch. Imagine sitting on your deck watching rising trout on the Taylor River. With a recent adjacent land acquisition the ranch is 2,100 acres and nestled in the heart of over 2 Million acres of National Forest. Including the trophy trout swimming in the river, stream, and ponds on the ranch it is not uncommon to see bald eagles, mule deer, bighorn sheep, black bear, and migrating elk.
Location: Just below the famed Almont Triangle and in the Taylor River basin Wilder on the Taylor is approximately 5 miles from Almont, 20 miles from Crested Butte and 20 miles from Gunnison and the Gunnison Airport (GUC).
- Main lodge with large dining area, sitting areas, refrigerator and wet bar area overlooking the Taylor River. This is a gathering area for relaxing at the end of the day or between activities with family, friends and clients.
- 4 Guest nicely appointed Cabins to be used by homestead owners and guests
- 2 miles of Taylor river flows through Wilder offering world-class fishing
- Over 2 miles of Spring Creek fed stream stocked seasonally with large trout
- 2 large ponds which provides additional opportunities for sharing fishing memories
- Stables and Corral for boarding the ranch horses or your horses
- Miles of Trails and 4-wheel roads with bridges over the river and stream
- Adjacent to over 2 Million acres of Gunnison National Forest for hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, hunting, camping and exploring for a life-time
Developer: Jackson Shaw, Dallas, TX
Other Nearby Amenities:
- The Town of Almont offering Lodging, Dining, Rafting and other Recreational options
- The Historic Town of Crested Butte offering exceptional year-round dining, shopping, performing arts, festivals, races and other events.
- The Crested Butte Ski Area (Crested Butte Mountain Resort – CBMR)
- The Club at Crested Butte and the 18 hole Robert Trent Jones III golf course
- The Town of Gunnison, home of Western State University, Gunnison Valley Hospital, Dos Rios Golf Course, the Gunnison Regional Airport with daily flights to/from Denver and seasonal direct flights via Dallas, Houston
Additional detailed information available at WilderColorado.com
See Wilder on the Taylor Homesite Listing details with 20+ photos
Previews® Property Specialist
Coldwell Banker Bighorn Realty
Phone: (970) 209-5405
305 Sixth Street, PO Box 100 Crested Butte, CO, 81224
Click here to do an advanced search the MLS for properties for sale in the Crested Butte area
Author: Chris Kopf