When you look out the window, what do you see on the horizon of life?
There may have been a major change in your life, you may find that your second home is getting used less and less, and perhaps it is falling into disrepair, or there is always something that needs to be fixed. Many families have enjoyed spending time at their second home in the mountains, but once the kids grow up, move to all parts of the country or world, get married, and have their own kids, it can get hard for the family to find the time to spend vacation time together at the mountain home regularly.
This is a valid question, because if you are not really sure, then you may want to hold off until you are . If you are not sure and you are not motivated to sell your mountain home, then you will only go through the motions, and it won’t sell. You may get frustrated with the process, and probably will not do the things you need to do to help ensure your mountain home gets sold for the highest price. If you are on the fence, here is a checklist that may help you (and your spouse) determine if you should be selling mountain dream home.
• You have not been to your home for a year.
• You have not invited someone to be a guest in your home for two years.
• Your kids and grandkids have not visited for two years.
• Your old friends have moved away.
• A day of adventure is now going out to lunch and/or dinner.
• You cannot name five people in your mountain town you would call when you are there to have dinner or go for a cup of coffee.
• Your age or health is a concern in terms of being able to do the things you used to do.
• You are scared to ski because you fear if you fall you will get injured.
• You are scared that while walking or getting out of the car you may slip on the ice in the winter and get injured.
• The altitude bothers you and you cannot sleep at night or have trouble breathing.
• Where you once saw winter beauty and adventure, now you see cold and danger.
If you answered “Yes” to the majority of the items above, you are probably ready to start down the path of selling your mountain dream home.
How can I help you? I have over 30 years of sales and marketing experience and am a top real estate agent in the mountain town of Crested Butte, Colorado representing affluent clients who are buying and selling their dream homes and ranch properties in the mountains. To see featured properties or search the MLS – visit chriskopf.com. How is the Crested Butte Real Estate Market doing? Click this link to see my monthly Crested Butte Real Estate Market Reports. I appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and be your Crested Butte Real Estate Agent.
Previews® Property Specialist
Coldwell Banker Bighorn Realty