Vail Announces Crested Butte EPIC Pass Pricing for 2019/2020 Season
- It is March 6th – and Vail just announced lift ticket are on sale for next year! Some decisions are not always easy – including which EPIC ski passes to get for you and your family, and when to buy them.
The Vail motto – “It pays NOT to Procrastinate”
- I get a lot of questions about the Crested Butte Ski Passes, EPIC Pass pricing, where can you get discounts, are there “Medallions”, Bundled Discounts, Buddy Passes… etc. And as I try to do for my real estate clients – below is some information that I hope will be informative and helpful!
The answer is usually – Buy your EPIC Pass early (now).
Vail wants to pre-sell passes. This is very smart – they spread out their revenue, they train people to buy the EPIC Passes, and they get top dollar at the ticket window for day passes – thus training people to buy the EPIC Pass (I am pretty sure that was a run-on sentence).
EPIC Pass Options
- EPIC Unlimited: $939 – Buy now for $939 and get unlimited, unrestricted skiing at all their best resorts (65+ Resorts).
- EPIC Local: $699 – Buy now for $699 and get 30 Resorts with some limitations (holidays). “Unlimited, unrestricted skiing or riding at Breckenridge, Keystone, Crested Butte, Stevens Pass, Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Wilmot, Afton Alps, and Mt. Brighton with limited restrictions at Park City, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood & Stowe. Also includes a total of 10 days at Vail, Beaver Creek, and Whistler Blackcomb with holiday restrictions.*New for 2019/2020* Now includes 2 days at both Sun Valley and Snowbasin and 5 days at Rusutsu-Japan.
- EPIC Day Pass: Choose from 1-7 Days NOW and pay between $89 and $106 per day (depending on how many days – sliding scale discount). If you want 4 days that will be $388 or $97 per day. If you pay at the window you will likely pay $140+ per day. If you want to include Holidays that will be average about $18 extra to your total (again a sliding scale). Choose 1-7 days of Unrestricted or Holiday Restricted access to: Vail, Beaver Creek, Whistler Blackcomb, Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, Stowe, Okemo, Mount Sunapee, Crested Butte, Stevens Pass, Wilmot, Afton Alps, Mt. Brighton.
- So if you are only going to ski Crested Butte – then it appears the EPIC Local pass is the pass for you. It does not show Holiday Restrictions.
- Here is the fine print for Holiday restrictions: “Vail, Beaver Creek, Whistler Blackcomb, Park City, Heavenly, Northstar, Kirkwood, and Stowe are restricted 11/29/19-11/30/19, 12/26/19-12/31/19, 01/18/20, 02/15/20-02/16/20”
- I get the question “So are there lift ticket discounts available?” Yes – buy your EPIC pass now and up through around the end of October/mid November and you will get the discounted price (prices rise the closer we get to ski season). “But what if it is December or January and I want to get discounted tickets…?” Well your only option is to “FIND A FRIEND or a BUDDY”.
What… is an EPIC “FRIEND or EPIC BUDDY”?
EPIC Ski with a FRIEND
“Ski With a Friend tickets are discounted single day lift tickets that you can purchase for friends or family”. 2018 / 2019 Ski with a Friend Crested Butte Pass Spring Break rates published are $113 per ticket Adult and $66 for child. See EPIC Pass website link for pricing.
“Ski With a Friend tickets can be purchased at the ticket window. You’ll need to have with you your season pass and the person for whom you are purchasing the ticket. Let the ticket agent at the window know you’d like to purchase a Ski With a Friend ticket and provide them your pass. The agent will let you know how many Ski With a Friend tickets you have available on your pass and what the ticket price is for that day (prices vary throughout the season). Either you or your friend can then purchase the Ski With a Friend ticket.”
“You can purchase one at a time, or all at once. Bring the same friend on 6 different days, or bring 6 friends all on one day!”
EPIC Ski with a BUDDY
“A Buddy Ticket is a flat rate discounted ticket that remains the same price all season long. Not all passes come with Buddy Tickets”. 2018 / 2019 Buddy Crested Butte Pass Spring Break rates published are $78 per ticket for Adult and . See EPIC Pass website link for pricing.
And…. here is some more fine print: “Buddy Tickets for the 2018/2019 season are tickets at a flat discounted rate that are available to pass holders who purchase their 2018/2019 passes before 5/28/18. Only eligible with specific passes.”
EPIC FRIEND and BUDDY Prices subject to change…
“Ski With a Friend tickets are discounted from the window price, which changes throughout the season based on demand periods. 6 Ski With a Friend tickets come loaded on all unlimited season pass products. Buddy Tickets are discounted tickets with a flat price set at the beginning of the season that does not change. Not all passes are loaded with the same number of Buddy Tickets. The earlier you buy your pass, the more Buddy Tickets you get. It pays not to procrastinate!
Please remember, the pass holder must be present at Ticket Window to redeem Ski With a Friend and Buddy Tickets. Prices are subject to change.”
So if you head is spinning – welcome. The net net answer is “Don’t Procrastinate – Buy your EPIC Pass early”
Vail Announces Crested Butte EPIC Pass Pricing Final Thoughts
I hope you see the level of detail and time and effort I put into this Vail Announces Crested Butte EPIC Pass Pricing.
I have become a Top Real Estate Agent in Crested Butte by providing my clients with information and insight. This helps my clients to make informed decisions. Some decisions are not always easy including which EPIC ski passes to get for you and your family and when to buy them.
This article is an example of what you can expect from me as your agent.
How can I help you?
I have over 30 years of sales and marketing experience and am a top real estate agent in the mountain town of Crested Butte, Colorado representing affluent clients who are buying and selling their homes and properties. To see featured properties or search the MLS – visit chriskopf.com.
If you are Considering Selling Your Home in Crested Butte
Click HERE to get FREE Real Estate book by Chris Kopf, “The Complete Guide to SELLING Your Mountain Dream Home”
If you considering Selling your Crested Butte home and are interested in finding out what your existing property is worth – call me.
Broker / Owner
Global Luxury Property Specialist
Coldwell Banker Mountain Properties