Wilder on the Taylor River near Crested Butte, Colorado, is a unique and special place offering world-class fly-fishing, 2,100 acres of ranch land and wilderness amidst over 2 million acres of National Forest. Wake up each morning to the sound of flowing waters, the smell of beautiful wildflowers, and the vistas of the Rocky Mountains. This property offer two miles of private fly-fishing on the Taylor River, as well as pristine trout ponds and winding streams throughout this Colorado ranch. Your family, friends and clients will enjoy fishing, hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, hunting, and relaxing in this mountain paradise. Located near the historic town and ski area of Crested Butte this exclusive development offers a rare opportunity to create family memories for generations. No other development can offer a riverfront home site perched above the waterway – and at Wilder ranch there are 12 Riverfront Homestead sites now available. If you are a fly fisherman seeking trophy rainbows and browns, the Taylor River is as good as it gets – and the professionally enhanced section of the Taylor River that flows through the Wilder on the Taylor is designed with you in mind. A discerning eye will see the thought that went into deep pools that hold large fish, and easy shallow access for the angler wading to awaiting rising trout. Homestead owners enjoy full-time ranch management, a full-time fly-fishing master guide and recreational concierge, four appointed cabins for owners personal use or for their guests, a main camp area with main platform lodge to relax and share stories about the adventures of the day.
Property Description: 12 Riverfront Homestead sites overlooking the Taylor River and a part of the 2,100 acre shared ranch adjacent to over 2 Million acres of National Forest. Including the trophy trout swimming in the river, stream, and ponds on the ranch it is not uncommon to see bald eagles, mule deer, bighorn sheep, black bear, and migrating elk. Location: Nestled below the Almont Triangle and in the Taylor River basin Wilder on the Taylor is approximately 5 miles from Almont, 20 miles from Crested Butte and 20 miles from Gunnison and the Gunnison Airport (GUC). Amenities:
- Main lodge with large dining area, sitting areas, refrigerator and wet bar area overlooking the Taylor River. This is a gathering area for relaxing at the end of the day or between activities with family, friends and clients.
- 4 Guest nicely appointed Cabins to be used by homestead owners and guests
- 2 miles of Taylor river flows through Wilder offering world-class fishing
- Over 2 miles of Spring Creek fed stream stocked seasonally with large trout
- 2 large ponds which provides additional opportunities for sharing fishing memories
- Stables and Corral for boarding the ranch horses or your horses
- Miles of Trails and 4-wheel roads with bridges over the river and stream
- Adjacent to over 2 Million acres of Gunnison National Forest for hiking, mountain biking, horseback riding, hunting, camping and exploring for a life-time
Developer: Jackson Shaw, Dallas, TX Other Nearby Amenities:
- The Town of Almont offering Lodging, Dining, Rafting and other Recreational options
- The Historic Town of Crested Butte offering exceptional year-round dining, shopping, performing arts, festivals, races and other events.
- The Crested Butte Ski Area (Crested Butte Mountain Resort – CBMR)
- The Club at Crested Butte and the 18 hole Robert Trent Jones III golf course
- The Town of Gunnison, home of Western State University, Gunnison Valley Hospital, Dos Rios Golf Course, the Gunnison Regional Airport with daily flights to/from Denver and seasonal direct flights via Dallas, Houston
Additional detailed information available at WilderColorado.com See Wilder on the Taylor Homesteads Listings detail with 20+ photos Chris Kopf, Previews® Property Specialist Coldwell Banker Bighorn Realty Phone: (970) 209-5405 email: email@example.com 305 Sixth Street, PO Box 100 Crested Butte, CO, 81224 Click here to do an advanced search the MLS for properties for sale in the Crested Butte area Author: Chris Kopf